A dynamic role player in the mining industry has an opportunity for a Communication Liaison Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the relationship between the Company, local communities and local government to establish and maintain harmonious relationships between stakeholders.
Job Experience & Skills Required:
- Appropriate qualification in Social Science/Development/Communication.
- Previous experience in negotiation, conflict handling and relationship building would be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience in community consultations essential.
- Ethical, pragmatic and approachable with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the mining industry and dealing with local community is essential.
- Must be literate in Microsoft Office
- In possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders (local government, regional municipalities) etc.
- Assist with the conveying of Company messages (in the form of newsletters, magazines, etc.) to the local stakeholders.
- Organise and facilitate community meetings.
- Inform the Corporate Communications Department about the upcoming meetings and events, in advance.
- Ensure proper Company brand representation i.e. logo usage, etc.
- Assist with production of visual and text content, if needed.
- Provide education and information to different groups and raise awareness of the industry, including employment and business opportunities.
- Provide local communities and businesses with ongoing project information, while attending and responding to enquiries and concerns.
- Assist with community relocation and resettlement.
- Handling of community enquiries and grievances.
- Report to Corporate Communication department with regards to branding needs.
- Assist the Corporate Communication Department in the organizing of events.
- Preference will be provided to candidates from the designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act.
N.B The local candidates from Bronkhorspruit will be given preference and all the applicants who previously applied should not re-apply for this position again.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and copies of qualification to Sarie Opperman by latest close of business, 6 December 2019 – e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org